When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking. ~ Conan Doyle
The cruiser bicycles were America's favorite bikes in the 1930s through the 1950s and are making a comeback today. Their wide tires and simple mechanics (commonly single speed with coaster brakes) are ideally suited to riding on flat surfaces and sandy beaches.
- Available in single speed, 3, and 7 speed. Electra Cruiser 7D in Sea Foam
- Choose between a variety of styles and accessories that let your true self shine. Two tone black/olive Custom 3i with color-matched fenders.
- Aluminum or steel frame The new 2013 purple - a glittery lilac.
- Innovation in performance, comfort, and control. Electra Cruiser 1 - Khaki
- With or without fenders This is the Strawberries and Cream Custom 3i.
- Coaster brake or hand brake Cruiser 1 in Orange and White, ready for the beach.
- Customize, accessorize and personalize. Silver seven speed - add ape hangers, fenders, and customized seat, grips, & pedals.
- Electra - the industry leader in comfort & style. The Emerald Hawaii 3i, one of several colorful choices.
Today there are a wide variety of cruiser bikes ranging from classically styled bikes that harken back to the early 1900s to stylish bikes that have merged with modern motorcycle designs. The cruiser bike's comfort, style, and affordability (compared to mountain and racing bikes) have led to renewed popularity in recent years.
Beach cruisers are available in men both men's and women's style frames, with a selection of different options:
- Single speed, 7 speed derailleur, or 3 speed internal hub
- Regular and XL frame (for 6' and up tall guys)
- 26" wheel for most, with 24" wheel option for some models for the smaller rider
- Hand brake and/or coaster brake (a few models have both)
- Steel or aluminum frame
- With or without fenders (with option to add later)
- A variety of colors: silver, blue, black, lilac, seafoam green, bubblegum pink, khaki, white and more...
For the ultimate in color and design, view the Electra Fashion Bikes.
We are proud to be an authorized Electra dealer.